Pool drowning is a serious danger for younger children. According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, drowning is the leading cause of death for children aged one to four. On average, 390 children drown each year.
So how can you prevent drownings? Life Saver Pool Fence New York recommends that homeowners implement the following 7 layers of protection:
- Install pool alarms and door locks
- Fence your entire pool
- Provide early infant swim instruction
- Supervise children at all times and designate a dedicated water watcher
- Always check the pool first when children are missing
- Verify any and all caretakers know CPR
- Educate family members and babysitters on pool safety
Remember, not only is drowning silent, but it is the #1 accidental killer of children aged 1-4.
Life Saver Pool Fence New York offers a FREE no-risk pool safety evaluation to Long Island homeowners. Call (516) 766-5336 to schedule your FREE consultation.